One of the best ways to get your life on track and feel more productive again is to truly gather all your finances together and find ways to make your finances more efficient.
And what do I mean when I say efficient finances???
This definitely does not mean being cheap or not spending money because I am a true advocate of living your life now and for the future and enjoying every moment of it. What this truly means is finding a way to spend your money on things that give you the returns that have a true value in your life and that would make you happy on the longer term and not just a short lived temporary excitement that would eventually fade away and leave you feel like you just wasted your money. Its really about organizing and taking control of your finances and investing into places that align with your goals and where you want to be in your life. Think of all the things that will truly mean something to you once you achieve it and pursue it. Get into the good habits and get rid of the bad ones
Here are some ideas of how to do this:
– If one of your goals is to retire in life early and live at a certain lifestyle and salary, you might want to consider investing for example more in your RRSPs. This would mean actually taking the initiative in allocating a certain budget of your monthly salary to your RRSP account. In order to determine at what age and what salary you want to retire with its best you work with an expert such as a financial advisor who will help you determine how much you need to be adding in your RRSP account in order to achieve your goals.
- Do you have debt and you want out ? This can be causing an added stress in your life and causing depression and anxiety. If this is the case then you need to place this as a priority to achieve overall healthy mental balance and happiness. Focus on that and be efficient in your finances. Put a plan together with a target date for repayment and focus on that by allocating a monthly amount for the repayment…. or even better…go to your bank and make an agreement with them to consolidate your debt at a low interest rate and to withdraw a certain amount of money each month for the debt repayment…kind of like a mortgage. Make sure you are dedicated through this but do not overload yourself too so do not focus on too many financial goals at the same time because you might end up overwhelmed, feeling too financially burdened and end up giving up eventually.
WHAT IS EFFICIENCY
This blog talks about efficiency in its multipurpose use. Efficiency is the act of making use of your time, effort or energy is order to make it the most productive for the purpose it was intended for. Therefore if we think of the efficient things we are to consider many things which we work with on a daily basis and that would include your home or office or car etc. How can we be the most efficient with our daily tasks and still reach our objective???
EFFICIENCY AT HOME
When we think of our home and what makes us efficient, we are more used to hearing efficiency in energy where we are to consume the energy at home in the least possible way to make it most productive. This will cut on the costs of your electricity bill at the end of the month or gas bill. Thus efficiency ranges from using lets say hot water at specific times during the day where the hydro company has it on reduced price. This would include laundry and dishwasher etc. However again this is in the context of energy efficiency, however there are multiple of other efficient things you can do at home that can be of good use.
Lets talk about efficiency for example in cleaning your carpet, since we know that we need to clean our carpet on a regular basis and that we need to keep it clean to prevent dust from accumulating, this ultimately will lead to having possibly illnesses at home such as Asthma. Since the vacuum consumes a lot of energy, then ultimately there are many things we can do to be efficient. Here is a list of some ideas:
- Try cleaning your carpet in the certain times where the hydro company has reduced prices on electricity consumption. This can sometimes be in the evening or in certain hours during the day etc. The first thing you need to do is check with your local hydro company on the hours where they implement reduced pricing on energy consumption. When I started to do certain things that are efficient, such as using my vacuum at certain hours during the day, I noticed that my energy bill was significantly reduced from previous where I never thought about it.
- Avoid having to vacuum your carpet on a daily basis. This can only be achieved if you take good care of your carpet. One of the most important factors that can make a difference is if you have an animal at home, you need to actually comb your animal on a daily basis. This will help reduce the amount of hair that falls out of your animal and thus the necessity to be constantly vacuuming your carpet on a daily basis. This will cause you to be ultimately more efficient on cleaning your carpet and maintaining it.
- Additionally you can also dust your home on a regular basis and that would help avoid having a lot of dust and dirt fall onto the carpet and this you would not have to feel you need to vacuum your carpet daily to keep it clean.
- What about also replacing filters on all your heating systems and airflow, that would cause a significant change in the type of air that flows in your home and thus the cleaner the air the less dirty your carpet would get and this be more efficient in not having to vacuum the carpet daily.